Customer registry information
Valid from March 6, 2017 until further notice.
YDE Areal Oy (hereinafter “Arealshop”) is committed to ensuring the confidentiality and data protection of the personal data in its possession. This Privacy Statement applies to the personal information we collect in connection with our customer and marketing register (the “Register”). This privacy statement describes the personal information we collect and how we process it. For more information on the processing of personal data, please contact customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time, for example as legislation changes. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes and their effects in good time in advance. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement whenever we become aware of any changes to it. This Privacy Statement was last updated on February 4, 2019.
1. Registrar and its contact details
YDE Areal Oy
Customer service: 09 424 513 15
Business ID: 2155334-1
2. Whose personal information do we collect?
We process the personal data of our customers, persons registered in our online store and our potential customers, such as our newsletter subscribers, in the Register.
3. What types of personal information do we collect?
We process the following personal information:
Information provided by the user or personally identifiable:
- Name, identity number, date of birth, sex and mother tongue;
- Contact information such as address, email address and telephone number;
- Payment information, billing information, etc .;
- With the consent of the customer, location information used to estimate delivery time
- Information on marketing permits and prohibitions;
- The email address and certificate used to sign in to Google, Facebook, or Microsoft
Data observed and analytically derived from the use of the Services:
- Purchase history, e.g. ordered products and their price information
- Shipping information, such as selected shipping method and shipping address, alternate shipping addresses
- Product Reviews
- E-commerce usage and browsing information as well as terminal identification information (username and password and payment method)
- Product recommendation and other information and tags used in targeted content
- Information related to subscribing to the newsletter.
- Providing identification, contact and payment information is mandatory when purchasing from the Arealshop online store via the Internet.
4. From which sources is personal data collected?
We generally collect personal information directly from you when you register for our online store or by contacting us (e.g. email or calling our customer service). In addition to your own notification, we collect your purchase and transaction information from Arealshop's information systems and from companies and authorities that provide services related to personal data, such as Suomen Asiakastieto Oy's credit information register.
5. Log in via social media
6. Uses of the processing of personal data
If you are already our customer, personal information will be used
- To maintain customer service
- For delivery, processing and archiving of orders
- For the development of Verkkokauppa.com's operations and services
- To improve the customer experience
- For analytical and statistical purposes
- To produce more personalized targeted content and marketing
- To prevent abuse
- To provide better customer service
The information will be processed based on the customer relationship between the customer and Arealshop, the agreement, the use of the website, the customer's separate express consent or legal obligations.
If you are a potential customer, personal information will be used
- For direct marketing purposes
- To perform other sales and marketing activities
- To send a newsletter or other marketing messages by e-mail
We do not process your personal information for purposes other than those stated in this leaflet.
7. Regular transfers and transfers of personal data to third parties
Arealshop may disclose some of the necessary information to third parties to ensure delivery as well as for marketing purposes if you have not made a direct marketing ban. Please check the valid partner list.
We may also need to share your personal information with the competent authorities in accordance with the legislation on the processing of personal data.
8. Transfers of personal data outside the EU or the European Economic Area
Arealshop may transfer your personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area in accordance with the legislation on the processing of personal data.
If YDE Areal Oy uses subcontractors located outside the EU / EEA area, it is ensured that the processing of personal data takes place in accordance with the protection of personal data in force in the EU / EEA area, for example by using a standard EU agreement, Privacy Shield in the USA or other similar arrangement.
Please check the valid partner list.
9. Saving life
Arealshop normally retains personal information for as long as it is necessary to retain it. Personal data we process based on your consent will be deleted if you withdraw your consent.
If you are already our customer:
We will keep your personal information in the Register for as long as the customer relationship is in force. After the termination of the customer relationship, your personal data will be stored for a maximum of 6 years from the end of the customer relationship. Please note that your personal data may also need to be stored for longer periods if the applicable law or our contractual obligations to third parties require a longer retention period.
If you are a potential customer:
We will retain your personal information in the Registry for as long as your newsletter subscription is valid or for as long as you perform the duties associated with the product or service being marketed and provided that you have not prohibited direct marketing. In this case, however, the Register may retain information on the prohibition of direct marketing. Your personal information may be retained longer if applicable law or our contractual obligations to third parties require a longer retention period.
Legislation imposes obligations on some data for longer-term storage of data, e.g. for the following purposes:
- The Accounting Act defines longer retention periods for information, regardless of whether the material contains personal data or not,
- Fulfillment of responsibilities for consumer trade,
- System log information is collected and stored as required by law to enable us to provide legal and secure online commerce to our customers,
- Adequate backups of trade databases and systems to secure data, correct errors, and ensure data security and continuity.
Arealshop may implement automated profiling as part of the processing of personal information to enhance marketing and display marketing messages that are more appropriate to individual customers or potential customers. You always have the right to object to profiling in accordance with Section 11 below.
11. Your rights
Arealshop appreciates your views. Here you can see your current rights, which you can exercise by contacting us.
First, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes as well as for profiling.
In addition, you have the right at any time, in accordance with applicable data protection law:
to receive information about the processing of your personal data;
- gain access to your personal information and verify the personal information we process about you;
- require the correction and supplementation of inaccurate and incorrect personal data;
- request the deletion of your personal information;
- opposes the processing of your personal data on the basis of your specific personal situation, insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests;
- obtain your personal data in a machine-readable form and transfer such data to another controller, provided that you have provided such personal data to us yourself, we process such personal data on a contractual basis and the processing is performed automatically; and
- require restrictions on the processing of your personal data.
If you withdraw your consent to direct marketing, the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal will not be affected. Withdrawal of your consent will have no effect other than that we will no longer be able to send you direct marketing.
We may ask you to clarify your request in writing and verify your identity before processing your request. We may refuse to comply with your request on the basis of applicable law.
12. How do I get information about myself stored in the system?
You can request information stored in Arealshop's systems by contacting us by e-mail:
14. Registry Security Principles
We respect the confidentiality of your personal information. The information in the register is stored electronically and is adequately protected from third parties by firewalls and other technical means. Only designated persons have the right to access and maintain the information in the Register. Persons using the information in the register are bound by professional secrecy.
If you have any questions or would like more information or advice, please contact our customer service:
YDE Areal Oy
(09) 425 513 15
Mon-Fri 9 - 17.30